none
MSDN Keys after subscription expires

Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to use MSDN Keys after the retail subscription has expired, provided the license terms are adhered to? (Development and Test purpose).

If it is, is it fine to get in touch with activation centers if the key does not activate?

Thanks.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, October 9, 2015 2:07 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Monday, September 21, 2015 8:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

You'd need to contact the proper MSDN Subscriptions Customer Service Center and ask them.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:25 PM
  • Hello,

The MSDN, TechNet and Expression Library Feedback forum is to "Help improve the Library Experience in MSDN, TechNet and Expression by providing feedback on features, bugs, look and feel or by just providing suggestions". This is not a support forum.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, October 9, 2015 2:07 PM
  • AFAIK, if you don't have a current subscription you cannot use the software.

I'd take Karl's advice and ask in the linked forum for an official response.

Friday, October 9, 2015 2:14 PM
  • Agree with Mike, the use generally ends with the subscription. You can google for MSDN EULA and probably find it.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, October 9, 2015 2:27 PM