none
IE8 RRS feed

• Question

• Please clarify>I recently responded to a forum query on another forum.The poster replied stating problem was not with IE8 program but with  IE8 .browser. Whenever I see IE8, I immediately think toolbar used for browsing. Was this a play on words or am I missing something. Been using IE8 since inception

Friday, April 2, 2010 5:28 PM

Answers

• Internet Explorer 8 is an internet browser that is used for viewing webpages. It is a similar program to Firefox and Safari.

The executable file for internet Explorer is called iexplore.exe

If you post a link to the thread in question here, we can look further for you.

All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.
    • Marked as answer by RUTH E_ Friday, April 2, 2010 7:26 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by RUTH E_ Friday, April 2, 2010 7:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by RUTH E_ Friday, April 2, 2010 7:32 PM
    Friday, April 2, 2010 6:31 PM

All replies

• Internet Explorer 8 is an internet browser that is used for viewing webpages. It is a similar program to Firefox and Safari.

The executable file for internet Explorer is called iexplore.exe

If you post a link to the thread in question here, we can look further for you.

All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.
    • Marked as answer by RUTH E_ Friday, April 2, 2010 7:26 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by RUTH E_ Friday, April 2, 2010 7:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by RUTH E_ Friday, April 2, 2010 7:32 PM
    Friday, April 2, 2010 6:31 PM
  • Jetta48 My thks.

Just one more point>could you expand on creating a link to the proper site. Have not done this before.

Saturday, April 3, 2010 12:54 AM
  • Jetta48 My thks.

Just one more point>could you expand on creating a link to the proper site. Have not done this before.

Go to site you want to link to. Highlight the whole of the address in the Address Bar of IE8. Press CTRL+C to copy. Go back to your forum post, position cursor where you want to put the link, then do CTRL+V to paste.
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 10:09 AM