none
Tool for Enterprise Job Orchestration, Scheduler, Logging etc. RRS feed

All replies

• A couple of companies I work for use ASG Zena scheduler and are pretty happy with it.
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 11:29 AM
  • Hi Hilary,

thanks for your reply. Can you add some words about the related features?

Other replies to my post?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 12:19 PM
  • Hi pscorca,

Could you please share us more information about this question? Based on the above question, my understanding is that you want to find a tool for workload automation.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 9:53 AM
  • I'm searching a sofware solution capable to act as:

• a job scheduler,
    • a job orchestrator,
    • a workload manager,
    • a monitoring tool.

For now, I've detected Jams by MVP and Control-M by BMC, but I'd like to find other leader players on the market.

Does it exist any specific reports (e.g. Gartner, Forrester)?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:12 AM
  • You can use sql jobs for scheduling or windows scheduler

for orchestration you can create an SSIS master package.Logging is builtin to ssis although you can customize it

that is if you dont want to shell out cash anymore when you have sql server.

If you want to spend some cash go for system center opalis. I think its orchestrator now.

https://www.aware-it.org

• Edited by JoeyDj Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:59 AM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:52 AM
  • Hi,

I'm searching an appropriate Enterprise tool and not some features for a specific platform.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:57 AM