Data migration from Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager to MS CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

•  

After having tried all kinds of scenarios for getting my Business Contact Manager data for Outlook into Microsoft CRM 4.0, I am lost right now. Nothing seems to work! I want to migrate all my BCM data (like Accounts, Contacts) together with its associated Outlook activities (like e-mails, tasks etc.) into the CRM application but no success so far. These are the scenarios I tried:

·         Out of the box data migration

Obviously, standard datamigration tools in CRM (e.g. import data wizard) or BCM didn’t work out

·         MS CRM Data Migration Manager

Failed since the DM Manager is not able to migrate e-mails linked to the BCM records. This is essential!

·         Scribe Insight

Scribe Insight offers an adapter for Outlook, but this one is very old and does not have the functionality I am looking for.

·         CRM 3.0 Migration Pack

This product contains a standard application that is able to migrate from BCM with outlook to CRM 3.0. Since I want to migrate to crm 4.0 I downloaded the VPC with the MS CRM 3.0 application and installed all necessary applications. My plan was to migrate the data, upgrade the 3.0 version to 4.0, backup of the database and import it into our own CRM 4.0 environment.  However, the demo version of this VPC that Microsoft offers on its website has expired in November 2008. So, after an hour of using it, it was shut down automatically.

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue.

Kind regards,

Coen

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:05 PM

All replies

• Were you able to get your data migrated?
    David Micksch
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:00 PM