Error when importing an unmanaged solution with only one Option Set RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting an "You cannot update this component because it does not exist in this Microsoft Dynamics CRM organization" error when trying to import an unmanaged solution containing only one component of type "Option set", which of course results in not importing this particular component in the CRM. Anyone has an idea about this particular case or someone who already faced and resolved this kind of problem?

Thanks

Monday, March 13, 2017 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This could be because of dependencies. You might be trying to import a component of an entity, even before entity is present in the target system.

In your case, it could be entity on which your "Option set" field is created is not available in destination CRM.

Please  provide with error log or more details to give precise solution.

Jugal Kishore Dandamudi.

Monday, March 13, 2017 10:56 AM
  • Hi Jugal,

I don't think that's the case. I do have fields that contain this "budgetstatus" option set, bot those are dependent components, but not components that the Option set is dependent upon, there are no such components as you can see from the screenshot below (in the second part "Erfordeliche Komponenten"). On the other hand, when importing the system solution the fields "budgetstatus" in the entities "Lead" and "Verkaufschance" were not imported, but I'm assuming that's because the Option set "budgetstatus" did not exist, which is logical.

Monday, March 13, 2017 11:13 AM
  • ... Also I've read that it might influence the fact that the source and destination CRM are not the same UR. Could that really be a reason for such error?

I've got the source CRM 2011 version 5.0.9688.583, and the destination CRM 2011 5.0.9690.3911

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:02 AM