missing reference to entity event log RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've inherited a CRM system that consists of a dev, test and live environment.

When I try to import any customisations from dev into test, I get a import progress bar, stuck at 100%, and a event log message of:

Site map for organization xxxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxx contains reference to entity custom_audit but that entity was not found in the metadata cache

My organisation guid replaced with x's.

I'm a complete novice with Dynamics CRM, so I guess my question is: How do I go about finding what holds a reference to this missing entity and because it doesn't start 'new_' does this mean it's an out-of-the-box entity that has since been deleted?

Many thanks in advance!

Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

if its a out-of box entity you cannot delete it even by mistake.

if its a custom entity.check how the entity scheme name begins eg: new_custom entity( this new can be replaced be any name)

you can check it Settings--> Administration-->System settings-->customization tab-->check the Prefix name.

Thanks,

saraswathy

Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:47 PM

All replies

• You can check this entity in customization section of CRM. Navigate to below page

Settings-->Customization-->Customization

It will display list of all entities where you can check  custom entity name

Jai Ho CRM http://mscrmkb.blogspot.com Skype - amol.gholap

Mark as answer if a post has answered the question
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:00 PM
  • Thanks,

I've tried that and the entity 'custom_audit' isn't in the list, on any of the 3 environments.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:06 PM
  • Can't we export all entities again and try importing it to other enviornment.

If not, then search for 'custom_audit' entity name in your customization file  & try deleting from file and then importing it again

Jai Ho CRM http://mscrmkb.blogspot.com Skype - amol.gholap

Mark as answer if a post has answered the question
    • Marked as answer by november9 Friday, October 22, 2010 8:45 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by november9 Friday, October 22, 2010 8:45 AM
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:21 PM
  • There's only one reference to it in the XML and it doesn't matter whether I delete it or not.

I can confirm that there is no custom_audit entity and that it appears that the reference it's complaining about is in the CRM data and not the customization.xml.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:09 PM
  • Hi,

if its a out-of box entity you cannot delete it even by mistake.

if its a custom entity.check how the entity scheme name begins eg: new_custom entity( this new can be replaced be any name)

you can check it Settings--> Administration-->System settings-->customization tab-->check the Prefix name.

Thanks,

saraswathy

Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:47 PM

• Cheers, thanks for the help.

I've since found that these errors aren't effecting the import, but what I'm experiencing is a problem with an old IE7 bug in CRM.

http://marioraunig.blogspot.com/2007/04/ie7-hangs-during-import-of.html

Still not sure why I'm getting the custom_audit error though.  Will investigate in the future. :-)

Friday, October 22, 2010 8:45 AM