C# Online Submission RRS feed

• Question

• This is probably a stupid question but I have to submit my C# collections project for university through an online portal which is a bit poor to say the least, how can I submit the entire Console Application so that my tutors may test it with their code without compressing it as a .zip file (the portal doesn't accept them). 

Thanks

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Monday, December 16, 2013 1:46 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:43 AM

Answers

• The portal will presumably only take a single file, so if you want to submit your source code so others can play with it, you could still zip it, but just rename the .zip extension to something that the portal will accept. You can then include a note to tell people to change the extension back to .zip after downloading.

If they only need your running program, you have compiled in all resources, and you don't rely on external files, you could just upload the assembly (i.e. *.exe) assuming the portal will accept that.

- HomeGrownCoder My posts are kept as simple as possible for easier understanding. In many cases you can probably optimize or spruce up what I present. Have fun coding!

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Monday, December 16, 2013 1:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:14 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:10 AM

All replies

• The portal will presumably only take a single file, so if you want to submit your source code so others can play with it, you could still zip it, but just rename the .zip extension to something that the portal will accept. You can then include a note to tell people to change the extension back to .zip after downloading.

If they only need your running program, you have compiled in all resources, and you don't rely on external files, you could just upload the assembly (i.e. *.exe) assuming the portal will accept that.

- HomeGrownCoder My posts are kept as simple as possible for easier understanding. In many cases you can probably optimize or spruce up what I present. Have fun coding!

• Proposed as answer by Dave PatrickMVP Monday, December 16, 2013 1:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:14 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:10 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 16, 2013 1:46 AM