System Reserve partition in windows 7????????????? RRS feed

• Question

• I really wonder ...what system reserve partition ?

what is use for?

what they create that partition?

100Mb when i check its free space i see 74MB, what 36MB store?

i use to install it without system reserve partition ,it work as normal.nothing wrong..

Please please explain me ..thanks you

Friday, September 9, 2011 1:05 AM

Answers

• Boot files and various other system files. It is only created at install on a hard disk that has not been previously partitioned. If it has been partitioned before, the same files are written to the C: drive instead.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Friday, September 9, 2011 2:39 PM
  • This link will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about GPT, MBR, UEFI, ESP, and the like:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463525

It definitely covers the ESP, which is the "System Reserved" partition you see in the disk management MMC snap-in.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, September 9, 2011 3:49 PM

All replies

• Boot files and various other system files. It is only created at install on a hard disk that has not been previously partitioned. If it has been partitioned before, the same files are written to the C: drive instead.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Friday, September 9, 2011 2:39 PM
  • This link will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about GPT, MBR, UEFI, ESP, and the like:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463525

It definitely covers the ESP, which is the "System Reserved" partition you see in the disk management MMC snap-in.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, September 9, 2011 3:49 PM
  • thanks you i am more clear ..i will copy your answer and i will tell my students.
    Kimpheng
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 12:10 AM