Error while installing Dynamics CRM 3.0 on Windows Server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am installing crm when I get an error:

Microsoft SQL Server reporting Services

The IIS web machine.config uses a non-supported username attribute for the processmodel property.
    The supported value is system

Any idea???

thank you
    Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:53 PM

Answers

• This refers to a setting in the machine.config file in %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG (if using SQL 2000) or v2.0.50727\CONFIG (SQL 2005)

Someone must have put an explicit username and password into the <processModel element. It looks like you'll have to change it back to machine or SYSTEM to get RS to install, but you should check with whoever may have made the change that this won't break any other ASP .Net applications

Thursday, January 10, 2008 4:50 PM

All replies

• This refers to a setting in the machine.config file in %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG (if using SQL 2000) or v2.0.50727\CONFIG (SQL 2005)

Someone must have put an explicit username and password into the <processModel element. It looks like you'll have to change it back to machine or SYSTEM to get RS to install, but you should check with whoever may have made the change that this won't break any other ASP .Net applications

Thursday, January 10, 2008 4:50 PM
  • thanks for your answer. I installed everything. You can help make that change has? Excuse me english, It`s very bad. Thank you very much
    Friday, January 11, 2008 11:57 AM
  • Agree with david, here are more optical way to resolve this..

machine.config  - search in your dotnet install directory..

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa719558.aspx

see process model should be user as system...

You can check if there is wrong configuration for Report server as well...

1. Can you open your reports server? http://servername/reports
    2. create a new application pool and set the following virtual directories to run on that pool
    /Reports/
    /ReportServer/
    3. Then change /Reports/ and /ReportServer/ to run on .net 2.0
    Do this by going to IIS and expanding your CRM web site. You will have the reports virtual directories listed there and on their properties menu there will be a .net tab where you can choose what version to run.
    4. verify you can now access your reports server.

Monday, January 14, 2008 9:24 AM