Dialing extensions with PPC RRS feed

• Question

• I'd posted the following in another forum and the moderator there suggested that I repost here.

I've created a voicemail contact with two numbers - home and office - with the dial in number, pertinent 10-digit office or home number and requisite password, each separated with a pound sign and "p" for pause.  It is one ugly string of numbers, p's and pound signs but it works great no matter where in the world I happen to be.  However, I haven't as yet figured out to get the phone to dial phone number extensions.  I've tried editing the contact on the phone putting the extension after the phone number with both commas and p's for pause and it works.  But then the change is updated in Outlook on Exchange Server and we're back to square one.  Outlook puts everthing including the comma or the "P" in the extension box under phone details and during the next sync, the extension won't automatically dial from the phone.  I seem to recall that my Treo had a key on the dial pad that would dial another set of numbers - don't remember, though, whether this would dial an extension.  As it is now, I make a mental note of the extension before dialing a contact.  Am I missing something?  I don't want to resort to what I've done with the voice mail numbers.  I'm using an AT&T Tilt if that's any help.
    Wednesday, November 7, 2007 6:10 PM