Online Download RRS feed

• Question

•  

I bought a Toshiba gaming laptop and I have a generic version of your Windows Vista on here (when I attempted to upgrade it stated not a valide version of Vista) I went to your site and purchased your Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade.  I attempted to install but there was no Product code I could not use and my computer so I had to use the disc to restore from box process.  I do not have a way to retrieve my upgrade and I wondering how do I do it.  I have my order number and I paid with my credit card.  I am not the most computer savy person but I am in Iraq with a bumbed out computer and a charge on my credit card for a product I cant download or recoup the information.  What do I do?
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Des1redCandy,

I am unsure which site that you bought the Vista upgade. But you may have received the product key by email ( the email address that you provided during the order process) or there may have been a URL on the Order Confirmation screen that would lead to a webpage that contained the product key. But without knowing which site you bought from, I can not be sure. 

I do suggest returing to the site that you bought the Vista upgrade from and look for a link that says "Contact Us" or "Customer Service" or "Support". They should have access to the order information and be able to answer your specific question better then I can.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:12 PM
  • Hi again Des1redCandy,

OK, when you buy Vista thru Windows Marketplace, they send the Product Key to the email address that you used when you went thru the checkout process. If you did not get the email, you can also go to http://windowsmarketplace.com and on the very top of the page, click the "Your Digital Locker".

The "Your Digital Locker" allows you to re-download the software that you bought thru Windows Marketplace and also stores the Product Keys for that software.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:02 PM

All replies

• Customer service provides assistance on non-technical issues such as product purchases and subscriptions.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:44 PM
  • Hi Des1redCandy,

I am unsure which site that you bought the Vista upgade. But you may have received the product key by email ( the email address that you provided during the order process) or there may have been a URL on the Order Confirmation screen that would lead to a webpage that contained the product key. But without knowing which site you bought from, I can not be sure. 

I do suggest returing to the site that you bought the Vista upgrade from and look for a link that says "Contact Us" or "Customer Service" or "Support". They should have access to the order information and be able to answer your specific question better then I can.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:12 PM
  • I purchased it from the microsft site http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/details.aspx?view=info&itemid=3268636

I dont know if putting my order number on hee would make a difference.  I have no way to call because of my location. What can I do?

Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:42 PM
  •  

I purchased it from the microsft site http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/details.aspx?view=info&itemid=3268636

I dont know if putting my order number on here would make a difference.  I have no way to call because of my location. What can I do?

Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:50 PM
  • Hi again Des1redCandy,

OK, when you buy Vista thru Windows Marketplace, they send the Product Key to the email address that you used when you went thru the checkout process. If you did not get the email, you can also go to http://windowsmarketplace.com and on the very top of the page, click the "Your Digital Locker".

The "Your Digital Locker" allows you to re-download the software that you bought thru Windows Marketplace and also stores the Product Keys for that software.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:02 PM
  •  

Unfortunately I went there and it does not have the full version of Windows Vista Home Premium or The Ultimate under it,  I paid for the premium today and I paid for the Ultimate Upgrade yesterday.
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:44 PM