none
Policies in remote desktop win 10

Question

• Hallo dear reader, I would like a solution for the following problem;

I have build a media server running Windows 10. I use this server for playing videos on my TV and playing music. I want to control the server with my phone or tablet. On my phone and tablet I can use Remote Desktop to login on this media server. But as soon as I log in the sound is switched to the device I login with (tablet or phone). I want it to stay on the server. With a windows pc you can choose weather the sound stays on the server or on the PC. On the phone or tablet this choice is not available. I found that you can change the policies to achieve that this service is redirected and overrules that the sound goes to the phone or tablet.  The description alies for server 2008 and I cannot get it to work.

Who can help me to solve this problem. Regards Charles

Monday, May 23, 2016 11:28 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, May 23, 2016 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, May 23, 2016 4:39 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Monday, May 23, 2016 4:41 PM
  • Sorry I put this quetion on the wrong forum. Me newbee.
    Thanks you tried to move it to the correct forum.

I will take over and thanks again, Charles

Peer11

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 7:50 AM