Best Way to Tackle Creating Email in a Dialog To Multiple People with As Little Interaction from Administrators as Possible RRS feed

• Question

• We've had a request for a dialog to create an email based on the option selected in a Prompt & Response.

In essence, my dialog works like this:

Create Email Record

Ask Company out of these choices (A, B, or C)

If Company value equals A

Update Email with Contact information based on Company A's information. 

If Company Value Equals B

Update Email with contact information based on Company B's information

etc. 

My issue is that if the contacts at these companies change (whether permanent or temporarily), it will be our responsibility as admins to update the Dialog with the correct contact information with the dependency that the appropriate team will notify us that there has been a change. 

Any suggestions on how I might be able to reduce the dependency of admins would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you! 

Monday, December 1, 2014 8:21 PM

All replies

• In the Email Update Step of Dialog, retrieve contact information directly from the Company record instead of admin setting the value in the Dialog. Whenever there is a change to the Company record, Dialog will automatically pickup the new/updated information.

Hope this helps!

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Monday, December 1, 2014 8:34 PM
    Monday, December 1, 2014 8:33 PM
  • I think I follow, but I would like to add that there may be more than one email address per company. 
    Monday, December 1, 2014 8:39 PM