silverlight library <--> wpf library RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,
    I have used image tools http://imagetools.codeplex.com/ library to encode a canvas with a clipped image inside it to png. I want to use this library or a similar library in WPF but I can't find anything that achieves transparency other than this library. I have downloaded .net reflector and exported the .cs files to figure out how to fix the library but I am lost.

If anyone can help me to convert this library so I can use it on WPF I would be happy there seems to be little documentation of converting Silverlight <---> WPF libraries back and forth.
    Thanks,
    DaveT
    • Moved by SamAgain Monday, May 24, 2010 8:14 AM (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Friday, May 21, 2010 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

the most code you can always use it. Also the most silverlight code is XAML, and Silverlight and WPF are both based on XAML. Make it a try, and ask all your questions you would like to know. At that you will learn the differences between WPF and Silverlight, etc.

I will help you with all questions, and I will take a look also at that library.

Friday, May 21, 2010 2:21 PM
  • Hi,

i will tell you the difference between silverlight and wpf.

Silverlight and wpf uses XAML and aren't so different, but silverlight must be hosted a web application. Browsers need the silverlight engine to show the webpage.

In my opinion silverlight a is a nice website design technology, but not for windows applications.

On the other hand wpf is based for windows applications. You can create nice graphical forms and the databinding is very great. Also the application becomes dynamic and interactive because it isn't based on some html content such as silverlight.

Regards

martinwy

Friday, May 21, 2010 2:49 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post. Please consider the following forums as better options.

1. Silverlight (formerly WPF/E) General Discussion 

2. Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)

Please mark the right answer at right time.
    Thanks,
    Sam
    Monday, May 24, 2010 8:13 AM