Update to new version RRS feed

• Question

• I am current running Windows Live OneCare version 2.0 which will expire 1/4/09. If I renew my subscription online before that date will I have to continue running version 2.0 for another year or will the software automatically be updated by Microsoft to the next release (i.e. version 3.0) even though when I renew, version 3.0 hasn't been released yet?

Saturday, October 18, 2008 12:39 PM

Answers

• Hello Grumpy123, subscribers will always be upgraded to the latest version automatically.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 3:14 PM

All replies

• Hello Grumpy123, subscribers will always be upgraded to the latest version automatically.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 3:14 PM
  • I am a subscriber and I bought a new store version 2 program.  How do I install it to extend my current subscription.

Sunday, November 9, 2008 1:06 AM
  • Hello Stephen, do not uninstall One Care. You only need to use the product key to renew. See this post on how to renew One Care - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2908249&SiteID=2

Sunday, November 9, 2008 3:21 AM
  • I found everything except where the product key is.  The form request a 12 number or 25 number product key and I see noting that looks like that on the certificate of authenticity

Sunday, November 9, 2008 7:29 AM
  • I found it inside the box not on the authentification label.  Thanks for your help.

Sunday, November 9, 2008 7:30 AM