AutoComplete Problem. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using textBox for autocompelete (Suggest and Append),
    suppose it contains
    " a "
    " b "
    " aa/b "

but when i press " aa " in textbox, It Suggest And Appends only " aa/ ". " b " i missing Here. Then i have to type " b " to compelte the Phrase.

Microsoft Reported Me. ->

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/543104/textbox-autocomplete-problem

Thanks for your feedback on the .NET Framework!

Unfortunately the issue that you have reported is caused by IAutoComplete2 (TextBox and ComboBox AutoComplete feature relied on IAutoComplete2 in shell32.dll), a component external to Windows Forms and as such cannot be fixed by our team. We have put note in the remarks section in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ya3h0akd.aspx.

We have informed the responsible team about the issue, however they do not use this forum to track issues and hence we are closing it.

If the fix is urgently needed on down-level .net frameworks, please kindly escalate this issue through Microsoft technical support channel in your region. They could help you with the hot-fix/QFE process (note: strong business justification is required).

Thanks and keep the feedback coming.
    UIFx Team

• Moved by Harry Zhu Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:36 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 11:50 AM

Answers

• This should be handled by the Windows Shell team, however I am not sure where the forum is. The Shell programming newsgroup is at microsoft.public.platformsdk.shell.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:44 PM

All replies

• hello,

I'm afraid this forum is not the right place for reporting this issue. 

Harry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:36 AM
  • This should be handled by the Windows Shell team, however I am not sure where the forum is. The Shell programming newsgroup is at microsoft.public.platformsdk.shell.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:44 PM