Unable to update the Goal Rollup frequency in MSCRM 2015 online instance. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am trying to update the Goal Rollup frequency in  MSCRM 2015 online instance.

Goto Settings -> System Settings->Goals Its not allowing to decrease the time from 24 hours to 1 hour or 15 min . We have requirement wherein the user neepds to get the updated actual data of the goals set in every 1 hour. Since its online instance I cant edit by using SQL query like On premise version. There are more than 800 goals for 1 month.

The most important query is that if after finding an unsupported way of updating Goal Rollup frequency will it cause any major performance issue if the Goal Rollup job is scheduled to be running in the background every 1 hour. What is the best Goal Rollup frequency which can be set to resolve the performance issue. Please help me in this issue

Eagerly waiting for the replies.

Thanks & Regards,

Fayaz Khadri Syed.

FayazSyed

Friday, May 13, 2016 11:39 AM

All replies

• Consider using something other than Goals - for example create a custom entity and use a rollup field to do the same sort of job. These will recalculate every hour. Making 800 calculations every hour with Goals does sound like a potential performance issue.

Maybe, as an alternative, use plugins or real-time workflows to do this more cleverly, updating the "parent" rollup values if a child record is added, deleted or updated. This might mean that some parent rollup records are only updated fairly infrequently (because nothing changes) and others more often. But they will all be up to date at any point in time.

WHat are the Goals measuring? What entity do the values come from? How many underlying records are there for each Goal (apporximately - is it 10, 100, 1000+)?

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, MVP | Microsoft Certified Trainer
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 8:11 PM