Active X Propblems when trying to validate Office 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to validate my version of Microsoft Office 2007 I get the following error message: ActiveX Error.

Whe I run the diagnostic tool I get:

Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Results

Passed Active scripting allowed
    Passed Display images enabled
    Passed Computer time and date correct
    Passed Cookies enabled
    Passed ActiveX enabled
    Failed Windows validation ActiveX loaded
    Failed Office validation ActiveX loaded
    Failed Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded

I have downloaded the OGA tool but it just gives me the same Active X error.

I am running IE8 and Windows Vista Home. I ahve checked other questions of th esame nature but the fixes don't work anymore as the links have changed. So at the risk of having to repeat them all, can you please help.

Termoil

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 12:15 PM

Answers

• Good Morning Termoil,

Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with the results. We are here to help.  

Please follow these steps for assistance:

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.     What edition/version of Microsoft Office is currently installed?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  Please provide the customer scenario you are experiencing.

5.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Thank you,

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, June 9, 2009 4:59 PM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 4:42 PM