Windows Live Domains down ?!?!!?!?!?!? RRS feed

• Question

•  

all of a sudden the console says it cannot connect to Windows Live Custom Domains to update the dns record. I know for certain i didn't change anything. Is this a temporary Microsoft problem or **could** something have happened on my part
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 6:03 PM

Answers

• yesss!!! there it goes. i just shut it off and walked away for an hour then came back, booted it up, configured it, and there it went. probably just a temporary Windows Live server problem. Thanks for the help though.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 8:42 PM

All replies

• I have this problem sometimes, re-starting my router takes care of it.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 6:08 PM
  • didnt work

Thursday, September 6, 2007 6:28 PM
  • Try re-starting the server from the console.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 6:34 PM
  •  

i shut the server off from the console, then shut my router off, and left them off for 2 minutes. then cycled up the router and then booted the server and still it says it cannot update with windows.
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 6:51 PM
  •  

i just went to try to unconfigure and reconfigure the domain but now when i tried to login using my windows live id to configure it, it gives me "Unknown error (0x80072f19) 80072f19" and now i cant do anything!!! please help!!!!
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Open the settings/remote access tab and refer to this thread

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1730579&SiteID=50

Also this thread might help if you need to manually configure your router

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1210849&SiteID=50

Thursday, September 6, 2007 6:55 PM
  •  

i appreciate your help so please dont take this the wrong way, but that doesnt help me with my now current problem that i cannot even reconfigure my homeserver.com domain name becuase it gives me the error message i listed above.

thanks

Thursday, September 6, 2007 7:03 PM
  • Thats a new one to me, this may seem dumb, but is your internet connection working?

Thursday, September 6, 2007 7:06 PM
  •  

well yes, im posting this from within my lan network right now on the forums
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 7:08 PM
  • Sorry, that was dumb. Just tried mine, I get the same error when I open the settings, but it is not showing on my client taskbar. I still can get to my server in internet explorer though. Must be something going on with live domains.Try again later?

Thursday, September 6, 2007 7:15 PM
  • jpearl,

Evening, not a lot of help, but you don't have Visual Studio installed do you?

I've seen the same error message,but it referred to Visual Source Safe and had, if my memory serves me, something to do with Certificate Registration not being available.

Colin

Thursday, September 6, 2007 7:24 PM
  • no i don't.

is it possible though that there is a problem with windows live cause now it seems like half the pages on windows live are messed up and in foreign languages.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 7:28 PM
  •  

this is getting to be a big problem. can someone "official" please either comment on a current situation or help. thanks
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 7:38 PM
  •  

i even tried this thread and still no such luck
    Thursday, September 6, 2007 7:47 PM
  •  jpearl wrote:

i even tried this thread and still no such luck

Ping the hoseserver.com domain and see what IP it give you, maybe your ISP have dns problem or see it in deferent route.

As well, see if trace out take you to the homeserver domain without any loss pocket.

My best.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 8:38 PM
  • yesss!!! there it goes. i just shut it off and walked away for an hour then came back, booted it up, configured it, and there it went. probably just a temporary Windows Live server problem. Thanks for the help though.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 8:42 PM