Account form - Increasing section width RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to modify the default account form in our CRM Online system but I've come across a bit of a problem (Entities / Account / Forms).

I've added a new section to the form but I can't seem to make the section any wider than the default. This means the fields in this section appear very squashed and you can't easily see them.

I notice on the standard account form there is a social pane which seems to take up 2/3rds of the form width but even if I delete this I still can't make my new section any wider.

Has anyone else come across this problem and does anyone know how I can make my section wider?

Many Thanks,

Phil

Friday, March 15, 2013 8:57 AM

Answers

• In the example you mention, if you click on the container (column) the social pane is in, go to Change Properties - Formatting tab you should see an option for adjusting the column width percentages. You should be able to replicate this with new columns that you add to the form.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Friday, March 15, 2013 11:36 AM

All replies

• In the example you mention, if you click on the container (column) the social pane is in, go to Change Properties - Formatting tab you should see an option for adjusting the column width percentages. You should be able to replicate this with new columns that you add to the form.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Friday, March 15, 2013 11:36 AM
  • Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

If I view the properties for the social pane container I can change the number of columns it has (currently 3), as well as seeing options for field label alignment / position, but I don't see any option for adjusting the column width?

Basically I have account information and address sections squashed on the left hand side with the social pane taking up 2/3rds of the form width on the right.

There must be a way to resize the section widths?

Thanks,

Phil

Friday, March 15, 2013 2:50 PM
  • UPDATE:

I've now viewed the properties for the tab (rather than the section) and this does give me the option of specifying the column width as percentage.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Phil

Friday, March 15, 2013 2:52 PM