Moving Standalone 2010 SharePoint Server Sites to Project Server 2010 Farm RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, i'm just trying to verify that what i am intending to do is possible.  We currebtly have a standalone SharePoint Server that started out as SP 2003, and then upgraded to SP 2007, and then to SP 2010.  I recently set up a 2010 Farm consisting of SharePoint 2010 Foundation, Project Server 2010 on 1 Server and SQL Server 2008 R2 on the second server.  what we want to do is Move the standalone sharepoint sites to the new farm.  There is only 1 content database on the standalone server.  i will backup and restore this to the Sql Server in the farm, and then add the content database through the farms Central Admin Console.  It seems that The Schema is not matched, so i will install Project Server 2010 on the standalone server and then apply any missing yhotfixes on the standalone server to match the ones in the Project Server Farm.  Does this look like the right way to do and and can this indeed be done? Thank you!

I'm asking because when i wanted to add an additional sharepoint server to the farm for SharePoint use only, the farm required me to Install Project Server Also i didnt know this was a requirement that once you installed project server 2010 to one server it requires you to add them to any addtional servers.

Jack Galante Sr Systems Engineer
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:20 PM

Answers