What walkaround I can do if my fold size is more than 5GB RRS feed

• Question

• I have two Mac machines and one windows machine synchronized by Live Mesh. It seemed that the synchronization worked fine until the folder size is greater than 5GB.

After I added some files to the folder in the windows machine, the files showed up on Live Mesh. However, I only see the corresponding wlx files (with size 0) on my Mac machines. Unless I click 'sync' for a newly added file on Live Mesh, the .wlx files on Mac won't be updated. I checked the folder in my windows machine, which is already 5.38 GB. I'm wondering whether the newly added files won't be automatically updated on my mac machines because the fold size on my windows machine is already bigger than 5.38GB.

How can I get around the 5GB limit?
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 8:08 PM

Answers

• This is a limitation of the Mac client. Just like the Live Desktop, the Mac client can also only sync a maximum of 5 gigs. Windows PCs with Live Mesh can exceed the 5 gigs by synchronizing peer to peer.

The following is in the Live Mesh for Mac help:

Notes
    • Live Mesh folders will continue to synchronize among Windows computers in your mesh even if you exceed your storage limit for your Live Desktop. However, any files you add to those folders after reaching your storage limit will not synchronize with your Live Desktop or with any Mac computers in your mesh until you clear out some space on your Live Desktop.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 12:03 AM