CRM 2011 - show custom column in activities' view RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

does anyone know a solution for that:

I've got a relation from the activity type task to a custom entity 'A'.  The relation is n:1. I am showing the related record on the task's form.

Now I want to include in the activity's (system) views the relation as column. As far as I know this is not possible because you only can show columns on activitiy views to which all activity types have a field for. But in my case it's only on the activity type of task.

Has anyone an idea how I can show the column anyway?

Thanks for help!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:33 PM

Answers

• Hi  

you wont be able to do it on Activity View as its based on Activity Pointer which would only hold common attribute across all activity type

What you can do is Create a System view for the Task which you display the Custom Attributes which you want to display .

Then Select this View by Selecting "Type" and the Query from the Drop down

Have a look at the picture you would get the idea.

hth

dkay

If the problem is resolved, we would appreciate a post explaining the resolution and mark the post answered and close the thread.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:31 PM
  •   I m affraid   That is not possible

If the problem is resolved, we would appreciate a post explaining the resolution and mark the post answered .

Thanks

Dkay

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hi  

you wont be able to do it on Activity View as its based on Activity Pointer which would only hold common attribute across all activity type

What you can do is Create a System view for the Task which you display the Custom Attributes which you want to display .

Then Select this View by Selecting "Type" and the Query from the Drop down

Have a look at the picture you would get the idea.

hth

dkay

If the problem is resolved, we would appreciate a post explaining the resolution and mark the post answered and close the thread.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:31 PM
  • Hi

Thank you very much for your answer but the sticking point is that I need this column on Activity views not on the Task views.

Maybe someone has an idea to solve this?

Thanks

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:57 PM
  •   I m affraid   That is not possible

If the problem is resolved, we would appreciate a post explaining the resolution and mark the post answered .

Thanks

Dkay

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:41 PM