the issue of reservation RRS feed

• Question

• hi frnds,
    once again the problem of reservation has arisen, the tamil nadu govt has submitted to the supreme court that it cannot identify creamy layers among the backward class... so all this action is going on for us, the students.. so we must definitely have a say in this matter.. so students of india tell me whether we require caste based reservation for admissions to colleges... support ur answer... and suggest alternatives... this is not only in the interest of the student community but also in ur personal interest of earning points.. so come n students voice ur views..
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 11:55 AM

Answers

• well well here again the indian students are tight lipped.. come on guys voice ur views
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 12:43 PM
  • ya but are the financially backward students really benefitting from this???
    Monday, March 5, 2007 11:25 AM
  • this should be discussed in the assembly. try to give some useful threads
    Monday, March 5, 2007 11:28 AM
  • reservations were only required when there was oppression on basis of caste
    but now the society has changed. caste no longer matters . people r ready to
    accept anyone as long as they get along with them. then why reservations.
    politicians are only using this to again divide india  on basis of caste. now a
    days we have backward class people prospering due to reservations whereas
    the rest of the classes suffer
    Monday, March 5, 2007 5:17 PM
  • excellent swathi we need more ppl like u... to tear the mask of politicians
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 11:54 AM
  • a recent survey in tamilnadu has shown that 80 percent of the engineering seats are taken by the backward class ppl... so guys wat can u infer 4m this? who s suffering now?
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 11:59 AM
  • in my point of view this reservation is must.  because i am also enjoying this system. this system should be follow and we have to reintro. some reservation for rural students
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:05 PM
  • well already in tamil nadu we have 69 percent reservation scheme... if u reintroduce rural reservation tats it.. the so called affluent classes(as said by govt) have to immigrate to some other country
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:30 PM
  • but in past years we had that system friend. in 2000 only the government canceled that system. we have enough no of seates in our college so there is no mistake in reintro. in that scheme 
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:33 PM
  • well there are enough seats in the colleges... but in good colleges??? thats the big question mark... hey anand think ur so active 2day.. think ur the one who s online besides me
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:46 PM
  • well any takers for this forum... think none is willing to comment openly
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 12:45 PM
  • see the reservation systems are suggested by the commity experts.  so its necessary one
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 1:32 PM
  • well who forms the committee...the politicians do it.. wat is the credibility of the committe and its recommendations b4 the vote bank politics followed by our politicians
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 1:38 PM
  • guys u there.. not willing to comment eh????
    Friday, March 9, 2007 11:09 AM
  • but the pepole belongs to the varies stages also take part in that commity.

for example judges and social service organisations and others

Friday, March 9, 2007 2:29 PM
  • yes but how many agree with this.. even though the students have a general consensus like this, the politicians use this issue to garner votes...
    Monday, March 12, 2007 11:28 AM
  • friends,

i think your are from the city side

but i know how this reservation systems are working for the backward class students.

its really useful friends.

because i got in to the good college by this system only.

in my view its the good one

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:50 AM
  • well u may have "used" it we are here to talk abt the ppl who are "misusuing" it....
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:08 AM
  • of course, so we have to take steps to prevent it.

insted of cancelling the reservation we have to take steps to stop the misuse.

that is the only solution

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:34 AM
  • yes but only misuse is happening in large scale... that s why the entire system shd be scrapped
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:11 PM

All replies

• well well here again the indian students are tight lipped.. come on guys voice ur views
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 12:43 PM
  • stop this thread. this might hurt someone's feelings.
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 6:16 PM
  • u cannot say every student is affected by this reservation system...it really has some benefits... it wud help the financially backward students to pursue their studies...
    Sunday, March 4, 2007 1:41 AM
  • ya but are the financially backward students really benefitting from this???
    Monday, March 5, 2007 11:25 AM
  • this should be discussed in the assembly. try to give some useful threads
    Monday, March 5, 2007 11:28 AM
  • yea it sucks..!
    Monday, March 5, 2007 2:57 PM
  • reservations were only required when there was oppression on basis of caste
    but now the society has changed. caste no longer matters . people r ready to
    accept anyone as long as they get along with them. then why reservations.
    politicians are only using this to again divide india  on basis of caste. now a
    days we have backward class people prospering due to reservations whereas
    the rest of the classes suffer
    Monday, March 5, 2007 5:17 PM
  • i dont think so
    Monday, March 5, 2007 5:21 PM
  • really good response swati. i do agree with you.
    Monday, March 5, 2007 5:22 PM
  • excellent swathi we need more ppl like u... to tear the mask of politicians
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 11:54 AM
  • a recent survey in tamilnadu has shown that 80 percent of the engineering seats are taken by the backward class ppl... so guys wat can u infer 4m this? who s suffering now?
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 11:59 AM
  • in my point of view this reservation is must.  because i am also enjoying this system. this system should be follow and we have to reintro. some reservation for rural students
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:05 PM
  • well already in tamil nadu we have 69 percent reservation scheme... if u reintroduce rural reservation tats it.. the so called affluent classes(as said by govt) have to immigrate to some other country
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:30 PM
  • but in past years we had that system friend. in 2000 only the government canceled that system. we have enough no of seates in our college so there is no mistake in reintro. in that scheme 
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:33 PM
  • well there are enough seats in the colleges... but in good colleges??? thats the big question mark... hey anand think ur so active 2day.. think ur the one who s online besides me
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:46 PM
  • well any takers for this forum... think none is willing to comment openly
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 12:45 PM
  • see the reservation systems are suggested by the commity experts.  so its necessary one
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 1:32 PM
  • well who forms the committee...the politicians do it.. wat is the credibility of the committe and its recommendations b4 the vote bank politics followed by our politicians
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 1:38 PM
  • guys u there.. not willing to comment eh????
    Friday, March 9, 2007 11:09 AM
  • but the pepole belongs to the varies stages also take part in that commity.

for example judges and social service organisations and others

Friday, March 9, 2007 2:29 PM
  • no need of reservation at present we can open to every caste
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 10:25 AM
  • yes but how many agree with this.. even though the students have a general consensus like this, the politicians use this issue to garner votes...
    Monday, March 12, 2007 11:28 AM
  • ya i agree with the above point...thers no need for reservation...
    Monday, March 12, 2007 3:17 PM
  • really a valid point....
    Monday, March 12, 2007 7:05 PM
  • friends,

i think your are from the city side

but i know how this reservation systems are working for the backward class students.

its really useful friends.

because i got in to the good college by this system only.

in my view its the good one

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:50 AM
  • well u may have "used" it we are here to talk abt the ppl who are "misusuing" it....
    Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:08 AM
  • of course, so we have to take steps to prevent it.

insted of cancelling the reservation we have to take steps to stop the misuse.

that is the only solution

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:34 AM
  • yes but only misuse is happening in large scale... that s why the entire system shd be scrapped
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:11 PM