Cancel Email Draft RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to cancel an email in draft status from the GUI?  We have email drafts that get auto-generated for our staff, but occassionally, the email is irrelevant and needs to be moved out of their task list.  It would be ideal if we could cancel the email task.  Giving them delete permission would allow them to delete sent emails which would be a big problem.

CRM 4

Thanks
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:54 PM

Answers

• Hi
    I think there is no option available in UI, but you can do something like this to help the user.
    a) Create a custom boolean field (IsCancled ) and add it to the CRM email form
    b) Write a workflow on the above Field (IsCanceled) and if it is true will automatically chagne the status to the "Canclled"
    c) Ask user if they want to cancel the email they should check the box (Is canceled) and save the entity.

In this way the user can check the box and save the entity and the workflow will be triggered on this field which will check if the IsCancelled = 1 then set the statuscode of the email to cancelled.

I hope it helps you.
    • Proposed as answer by Muhammad Ali Khan Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Almost99 Monday, October 5, 2009 3:25 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hi
    I think there is no option available in UI, but you can do something like this to help the user.
    a) Create a custom boolean field (IsCancled ) and add it to the CRM email form
    b) Write a workflow on the above Field (IsCanceled) and if it is true will automatically chagne the status to the "Canclled"
    c) Ask user if they want to cancel the email they should check the box (Is canceled) and save the entity.

In this way the user can check the box and save the entity and the workflow will be triggered on this field which will check if the IsCancelled = 1 then set the statuscode of the email to cancelled.

I hope it helps you.
    • Proposed as answer by Muhammad Ali Khan Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Almost99 Monday, October 5, 2009 3:25 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:24 PM
  • Thanks, I did this an it's been working very well for the last 45 days!
    Monday, October 5, 2009 3:25 PM