Invalid security certificate RRS feed

• Question

• My subscription is running out.  Every time i try to order a new one I get "invalid security certificate".
    Since I would assume a company in the business that Live one Care is in would have a Valid certificate, I hesitate to order a new subscription
    Friday, October 3, 2008 3:23 PM

Answers

• The root Certificate Authority (VeriSign) who supplied the certificate for the Microsoft Billing site has a certificate itself with a Valid From date of November 11, 2006. Is it possible that your PC is based on Windows XP and you haven't performed the optional Root Certificates updates in the last year?

To confirm, perform a manual Windows Update from the Internet Explorer Tools menu. You may need to accept the installation of some additional update components including a Genuine Windows Validation update.

Select the 'Custom' installation option and once the updates list is displayed, select the Optional Updates from the list on the left pane. Install the Root Certificates update from this list, no reboot is required for just this update.

Please let us know if this solves the issue.

OneCareBear

Friday, October 3, 2008 4:37 PM