can't remove one care certificate no internet access, can't access network conf, can't run uninstall in normal mode RRS feed

• Question

• I've been having problems with One Care and read the postings and was able to remove oc in safe mode with networking(internet works fine in this mode) I can't delete the certificates in normal mode, I type mmc and the file won't open, I click on it and nothing happens, I tried to install essentials in normal mode and nothing happens, tried to use the clean up tool in normal mode, nothing happens, I was able to remove oc in safe mode, I tried changing the date in safe mode to 7/7/10 and went back to normal to delete the certificates and after typing, double click mmc in search and run nothing happens, tried fisherman77 solution, can't run uninstall tool in normal and install essentials in normal, changed dates first and nothing, tried Anish's solution and can't run mmc it won't open in normal mode, and in safe mode can't expand the certificates to go to winss\personal, I have vista sp2 32, can someone help I use this laptop for work and I've been trying to resolve this problem since yesterday, no wireless connection, can't access outlook, any help will be appreciated thanks
    Sunday, September 19, 2010 10:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• I suspect that you've already seen the following:

Solution - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/531bbf4f-6f1a-4f44-afba-de263196269d

Discussion: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/d58206f4-d23a-49d2-b1ba-fb36f9bce5c1

If none of that helps, please contact support:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, September 20, 2010 11:58 AM
  • I'll add that it seems rather strange that the problem is just now appearing for you, since the problem affected users in July. Has the PC been working normally until yesterday?

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, September 20, 2010 11:59 AM
  • Hi Steve, thank you for your response, the laptop had the problem last friday I didn't start working on it until saturday I had to borrow another for work on that day, on saturday I read the forums and was able to uninstall Oc in safe mode, when I tried the solutions, changing the date to 7/7/10 in safe mode and then restart back to normal to remove certificates the problem is that after typing mmc +enter it'll just hung I'll click, double click on the file, the same, tried fisherman's solution changed date in safe mode to 6/13 restarted to normal and tried to install essentials, and nothing happens it'll just hang, I can't access network config, outlook, etc in normal mode no internet access, in safe mode there's internet access, I was able to see a OC Health file when looking for certificates in safe mode but I can't remove it in safe it won't extend or give me the option to delete it, in normal mode it won't open after typing mmc it'll just hung,  have you seen any similar problems? any solutions? thank you for your help.

Ron

Monday, September 20, 2010 1:37 PM
  • Hello, Ron.

It would seem that the laptop has other problems that are not due to the certificates and/or OneCare. As I noted, this problem with OneCare happened months ago. The problem began to surface over the weekend of 7/11 - over 2 months ago. If the PC and OneCare functioned normally until last Friday, I am hesitant to blame the issue on that problem.

Have you considered or tried to use System Restore to go back to a time prior to the problem occurred on Friday?

Have you contacted Support per the link I provided earlier?

-steve

Monday, September 20, 2010 2:59 PM
  • Thanks for the response, the problem is one care, it was going to expire on friday and on that day I couldn't access one care, network config,  to find out why there isn't internet connection, it blocked the laptop, I'm not able to delete the certficates yet, I can see them in safe mode and I can't delete them, in normal the program just hungs, I have contacted support and I'm waiting on a response, it's frustating and I need my laptop for work, thanks 
    Monday, September 20, 2010 3:21 PM
  • If you don't hear from Support, send me an email - sboots at mvps.org. Replace at with @.

Put OneCare in the subject line, too.

-steve

Monday, September 20, 2010 4:14 PM