Convert XP Pro (non-genuine) to XP Home (genuine) RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to change my product key from a non-genuine XP Pro version to a genuine XP Home?  I don't have any CDs (OEM system didn't come with CDs) but do have the COA and proof of purchase and I don't want to rebuild the whole system.

Monday, January 7, 2008 5:25 PM

Answers

• Hello Freya,

Another alternative would be for you to contact Technical Support of the manufacturer for your system. Next request how much the cost would be for the recovery software media for the model system. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, January 7, 2008 6:57 PM

All replies

•  freya105 wrote:

Is there any way to change my product key from a non-genuine XP Pro version to a genuine XP Home?  I don't have any CDs (OEM system didn't come with CDs) but do have the COA and proof of purchase and I don't want to rebuild the whole system.

No.  The least painful method would be to purchase the WGA Kit which includes a genuine Windows XP Professional CD.

Monday, January 7, 2008 5:55 PM
  • Hello Freya,

Another alternative would be for you to contact Technical Support of the manufacturer for your system. Next request how much the cost would be for the recovery software media for the model system. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, January 7, 2008 6:57 PM