none
Is there a way to tell the scheduler that the job is finished? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to tell the scheduler that the job is finished?  I don't want to send Cancel to the scheduler, but rather would like to be able tell the scheduler that the job is in the Finished State after checking for the presence of a file and finding it.
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:04 PM

Answers

• Michael, 

I found the problem.  It was with the application I was controlling from HPC.  Apparently, the company was aware of the problem and fixed it in the newest rev.  I have updated "their" software, and now I'm OK.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out the problem within HPC, but when I backed out of the problem and made a very simple script it became apparent that it was their software, and not the HPC software that had a bug.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Craig

Thursday, June 7, 2012 1:07 PM

All replies

• I don't understand, when an exe finishes execution, Shceduler will know the job is finished. What is your scenario?
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 11:16 PM
  • Michael, 

I found the problem.  It was with the application I was controlling from HPC.  Apparently, the company was aware of the problem and fixed it in the newest rev.  I have updated "their" software, and now I'm OK.  I was racking my brain trying to figure out the problem within HPC, but when I backed out of the problem and made a very simple script it became apparent that it was their software, and not the HPC software that had a bug.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Craig

Thursday, June 7, 2012 1:07 PM