Wga Notify-Access Denied Issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have also tried running WGA Notification from automatic updater and did try it manually. I have attempted this 7 times with the same results.The install fails while installing files, providing a WgaNotify Setup Error box with the text "access is denied."  I then get "WgaNotify installation did not complete.  Windows XP has been partially updated and may not work properly." I tried running thne test you suggested in the other thread(writing to the Notepad) and was successful. As well, I also can't seem to install KB 925902 since the WGA issue occurred. I also get an "Access Denied" messsage along with that one with an error code 0x80070005. The difference in the 2 failed installations is when I review them in Microsoft Updates, the WGA issue is listed as a 'cancelled' update and the other is listed as a 'failed update'. However, my system has had no issues with downloading and installing the "MS Windows Defender" updates daily.

I hope we can all solve this.

Thanks in advance

RPS

Sunday, April 8, 2007 3:02 PM

Answers

• Hi RPS,

This is a new issue that I have only seen a few times, would you create a free WGA Service Request at  https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?c1=509&gprid=9860 and post the confirmation number in this thread. My group may contact you directly if our Devs have any addition questions or steps to resolve.

Thank you, ahead of time, for helping use resolve this issue. Our goal is to (firstly) resolve your issue and (secondly) fix it so that this won't effect any other users.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Program Manager

--------------------------------------------------------

All Users: Please go to http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1255325&SiteID=25 before posting a question.

--------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 9:47 PM