LaserJet 4000 Problems RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a problem with my LJ4000 not being accessible to computers on my network.  This has only started in the last couple of months.  I have updated to the most current HP drivers.

The scenerio goes like this:  I set up my computers to access the LJ4000 via the HP Install Network Printer Wizard 6.0 using one of the latest LJ4000 drivers.  All works well the appropriate functionality.  Then a few days later nothing will print to the LJ4000 ... the jobs hang in the print que.  Rebooting the PC frees the jobs most times.

The PCs (both are newer HP models) are running Vista Premium and Vista Ultimate and have MS Live OneCare installed.  I am thinking there is something happening with either the Vista update process or the OneCare process that is disabling the connection to the LJ4000, but do not have a clue where to look for the problem or how to resolve it.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, April 18, 2008 8:40 PM

Answers

• Let's try ruling out the firewall as a cause. If this doesn't work, then I'd suggest going to HP Support since the problem seems to be driver related.

Open OneCare.
    Click Change Settings
    On the firewall tab, click configure firewall
    If the network is shown as Public, click Change Location to change it to "Home or Work."
    Click the Advanced Settings button
    Click Network connections tab.
    If there are multiple active connections shown, you may need to disable them in your Windows network connections settings. (Network and Sharing Center, manage connections, in Vista; Right click My Network Places and select Properties on the Start menu in XP)
    On the Ports and Protocols tab, add a check mark next to File and Printer Sharing - for subnet and Internet if the first setting alone (after all of the above are verified) does not allow Sharing to work.
    If all of the above fail, you can also contact support.
    How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, April 21, 2008 6:03 PM