Remove Office and install new version RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

I'm trying to work out a way to automate the removal of office and install on a new version using powershell but i'm a bit of a beginner!  We don't have system centre at the moment unfortunately so I can't use that.  The scenario is multiple desktop OS versions, mainly 7 and 10.  And multiple version of office.  I've seen the following powershell script which should do the trick in terms of removal:

https://github.com/OfficeDev/Office-IT-Pro-Deployment-Scripts/tree/master/Office-ProPlus-Deployment/Remove-PreviousOfficeInstalls

And I've got an msi to do a silent install of the office 365 version we need to move to.  What i'm hoping for advice on is how to script this into one process and run it against a list of computers in a CSV file or something like that.  Just to ensure the removal and install are done at the same time to avoid too much disruption to the end user.  Can someone advise?  Especially if you think there is a better way to do this...

• Edited by manctech82 Friday, April 27, 2018 12:15 PM
    • Changed type Bill_Stewart Friday, July 27, 2018 6:23 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Friday, July 27, 2018 6:23 PM This is not software deployment consulting forum
    Friday, April 27, 2018 12:14 PM

All replies