Windows Validation Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I recently went to change my Keyboard and Mouse from a Logitech cordless (existing) to a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I loaded the software for the new bluetooth keyboard and mouse and it prompted me to uninstall the existing Logitech system.

The system closed down and re-booted and the windows genuine advantage screen came up asking me to select genuine or resolve late but it seems to have uninstalled my keyboard and mouse and I cannot select either so I cannot load windows at all.

I have attempted even used an old corded mouse and keyboard but I am still stuck on the validation screen as I cannot select either or.

I had this computer built and the windows xp professional edition was already loaded into it. I am unable to locate a disk and the fellow who built the system is no mlonger contactable.

I am quite happy to purchase a genuine version of microsoft xp but I don't know where to go from here as the mouse and keyboard are both inoperable.

Please advise possible cure.

Saturday, August 5, 2006 4:22 AM

Answers

• Rick,

Can you not type on the keyborad or move the mouse pointer at all? Do you use  PS/2 or USB connections?

Thanks,

Monday, August 7, 2006 1:55 PM