Can't edit results from a SQL query RRS feed

• Question

• In VS 2010, I was able to run a simple SQL query and edit the results in the result pane.  

Example: assume ItemId is the primary key

select ItemId, ItemName from Items where ItemId = 1

In the results pane I could edit the ItemName.  

I just installed VS 2012 and upgraded my SQL db to 2012, and I can't edit the results.  Is this a permission issue?  What's the deal?  

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:21 AM Customer no response, off-topic issue
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:16 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Based on your description, I am afraid that the issue is out of support of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Just to make the issue clearly, whether or not you are working with a SQL Server database project in VS2012? Where do you run the SQL Query and edit the results?

Whether or not you just work with SQL Server and edit results in SQL server Management Studio rather than a SQL Server database project ?

Hope you can provide us more information so that we can check if we should redirect you to an appropriate forum for better response.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:47 AM