Outlook Configuration AuthProviderException RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running into a problem when trying to configure outlook plugin. Inside the Crm50ClientConfig.log file I'm getting the following exception when I go to click "OK" on the config form:

09:14:14|  Error| Exception : Could not load type 'Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.IEndpointSwitch' from assembly 'Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.    at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.ClientAuth.ClientAuthProvidersFactory`1.GetAuthProvider(Uri endPoint, Credential credentials, AuthUIMode uiMode, Uri webEndPoint, IClientOrganizationContext context, Form parentWindow)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerInfo.LoadUserId()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerInfo.Initialize(Uri discoveryUri, OrganizationDetail selectedOrg, String displayName, Boolean isPrimary)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.LoadDataToServerInfo()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.<InitializeBackgroundWorkers>b__2(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Here's the actual dialog error:

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

None of the other trace files show anything. I've checked all the normal issues,  system time mismatch, no issues with rewrite rules, etc.

Things of note: IFD claims configuration. Other clients can connect/configure fine.

Thank you in advance for your help. If you think you may be able to help with any of my unanswered threads please look at them here
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Paulo - I am experiencing the same issue; did you manage to resolve this?
    Realized I had some dlls from the sdk registered in my gac. The version in there was different from what the plugin was trying to use. Unregistered the dlls from the gac, reran config and everything worked.

Thank you in advance for your help. If you think you may be able to help with any of my unanswered threads please look at them here

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:22 PM

All replies

Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:19 AM
  • did you try to configure when u run windows in safe mode with network?

I had the same on some clients and the conferencing software was blocking, and after confiugre in safe mode, in normal mode it was then loaded normal in outlook also with activiated conferencing software.

Maybe in your case theres also a software enabled which is corrupting the configuration dialog.

greetz dao

Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:24 PM
    Realized I had some dlls from the sdk registered in my gac. The version in there was different from what the plugin was trying to use. Unregistered the dlls from the gac, reran config and everything worked.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:22 PM