none
Test Manager freezes when Chrome is running RRS feed

• Question

• I'm becoming frustrated by my Test Manager freezing when im running a test and having Chrome open at the same time. I have to open task manager, goto the processes tab and click 'end process' then restart it.

My IT administrator recommended reinstalling my Visual Studio premium 2013 to fix his but it hasn't helped. My operating system is windows 7.

Has anyone else noticed this and been able to resolve?

Thanks

James.

• Moved by Barry Wang Tuesday, April 7, 2015 2:14 AM Not .net setup related
    Wednesday, March 25, 2015 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hello James,

Can you reproduce this issue on IE? Does your test related to Chrome?

Actually Chrome is a third party product here and how does this case related to install/uninstall .NET Framework?

Anyway, if it is Visual Studio problem, please try the following steps:

Please open an administrative CMD window and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE and run these commands:

1.devenv.exe  /safemode

2.devenv.exe  /resetskippkgs

3.devenv.exe  /installvstemplates

4.devenv.exe  /resetsettings

5.devenv.exe  /resetuserdata 

Best regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 6:27 AM
  • Hi Barry, 

I use chome because it is so much faster and smoother than IE. When I'm using IE it doesn't freeze completely but goes very slow, IE itself goes into 'not responding' mode and acessing a link out of my favourites makes it freeze for a short while (pausing test manager seems to avoid this).

I will try your steps to see if it helps.

Thanks.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:43 PM
  • @James,

What's the result? And will your common test failed? If VS failed on the specific test case, then the problem is related to your test itself. Or we can say Visual Studio have some problem running that specific test.

If VS does have problem when running normal test, then I think my commands above may helpful for you to repair VS.

Best regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 1:30 AM