how to write an article about BI for non technical users RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all

I want to write an article about BI for non technical users

I mean I want to introduce BI to the whole employee in the company

I need your help, I need simple English everyone can understand, drawing etc…

Ramzy N.Ebeid

• Moved by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:01 PM Not a SQL Server Samples and Community Projects question (From:SQL Server Samples and Community Projects)
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:26 AM

Answers

• Yes the link does contain “everything” as BI is a big topic and you have provided very little detail of what it is you’re trying to achieve.

Do you want to turn non-technical people in technical people?  Do you want to turn non-technical people into business analysts? What technologies do you want to use? What do you want your people to do with BI?

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:53 PM
  • Please note this forum is for addressing questons/issues regarding Microsoft training and certifications.
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:09 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• I would recommend that you spend some time reading the content on the following link to narrow down your requirements http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/bi/default.aspx

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:17 PM
  • can you please provide me with more detail links of document

becuse this site contains everything and i dont know where to look for what i need

thanks, it is very important

thanks,

Ramzy N.Ebeid

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 6:10 PM
  • Yes the link does contain “everything” as BI is a big topic and you have provided very little detail of what it is you’re trying to achieve.

Do you want to turn non-technical people in technical people?  Do you want to turn non-technical people into business analysts? What technologies do you want to use? What do you want your people to do with BI?

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:53 PM
  • all i want to do is to talk to business people about Microsoft BI

they dont know any technicality.

after introducing BI to them i want to tell them what you can do with BI?

this is the first thing come on the top of my head, if you have anyother ideas please let me know and please help me in what i am looking for.

since it is very difficult for me.

thanks

Ramzy N.Ebeid

Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:15 AM
  • Please note this forum is for addressing questons/issues regarding Microsoft training and certifications.
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:09 PM
    Answerer