Data Location Remote Media Still an Issue after Rebuild RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, so I REBUILT the entire server again (third time). I have an OS drive and a three drive software RAID-5 (not sure that this matters). Last time I moved the Server Shares BEFORE moving the data onto them and Remote Web Media did not show them. So this time, I moved the data to the OS drive (I had enough room). Everything was fine. I was able to view and play everything. So I just now used the MOVE FOLDER wizard and moved just pictures to the RAID drive. Now, I get the default Windows PIC, and when I click play pics, I get the BIG RED X.

This has GOT to be some sort of BUG? Why does the MOVE FOLDER WIZARD not bring over the new location? It's like if it's not on the OS drive it cannot see it.

I know this can't be me this time. Something is definately amiss.

Suggestions?

Thanks.....

Friday, December 16, 2011 3:17 PM

Answers

• Hang on! Just went in and checked again...AND THEY ARE BACK! So, it seems that maybe my hypothesis was correct in that moving without the data first causes problems and moving WITH the data seems to work. Although it took a few minutes.

Hopefully I can wrap this sever setup up...

Thanks again Ken and Phil!

• Marked as answer by rdmsys Friday, December 16, 2011 6:59 PM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 4:03 PM

All replies

• I don't know, but it does point towards your RAID - I have never experienced similar problems on a non-RAID system.

Do you have the latest RAID drivers? What's the size of the RAID and how is it partitioned?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Friday, December 16, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Well, I was just going to edit and say that once again the PICTURES say 0 now in Remote Web Access. I guess before it was in limbo.

I just have 3 1.5TB drives in a WINDOWS RAID5. Drives are new, nothing esoteric so. After the RAID build it ends up being approximately 2.8TB free. Is it maybe because it's over 2TB?

I'm at a total loss.

Thanks again Phil...

Friday, December 16, 2011 3:34 PM
  • How long did you wait after moving the folder, and how much data do you have in that folder?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, December 16, 2011 3:39 PM
  • Hmm, about 10G Ken. I went in after the move, and even rebooted.
    Friday, December 16, 2011 3:41 PM
  • Hang on! Just went in and checked again...AND THEY ARE BACK! So, it seems that maybe my hypothesis was correct in that moving without the data first causes problems and moving WITH the data seems to work. Although it took a few minutes.

Hopefully I can wrap this sever setup up...

Thanks again Ken and Phil!

• Marked as answer by rdmsys Friday, December 16, 2011 6:59 PM
    Friday, December 16, 2011 4:03 PM