none
Can an MCT Alumni associate their ID with a partner? RRS feed

• Question

• There is a client that need an MCT to associate their ID with. Does this have to be a regular MCT or can it be an alumni person? Also if I wanted to switch back to regular MCT before the renewal period can I? I still don't fully understand this MCT Alumni program but it was not cost effective for me to pay $400 when I'm not really using it. That is a very big change in price from the $150 I had been paying.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 1:32 PM

Answers

• If your client needs an MCT to associate, then they need an active MCT, otherwise it can't be counted towards their partner certification. So an MCT alumni (which basically means "ex-MCT") will not be valid for them.

The "alumni" program was created as a way to let people who chose to no longer renew their MCT to keep in contact with the program and other MCTs. This program lets members access MCT forums and attend MCT events so that they can keep in contact, but does not let them take part in MCT-exclusive activities such as teaching public MOC classes, which is the reason that CPLSs need to have MCTs associated.

Thursday, May 28, 2015 5:00 AM