Renewing SSL Certificate - How do install it in WHS 2011? RRS feed

• Question

• I am running WHS 2011 and have done so for about a year after upgrading from WHS v1. I have a SSL Certificate from Godaddy and all has gone well. My original cert expires on 10/28/2012 so I purchased a 2 year extension yesterday. I followed the instructions to manually install the certificate from http://community.godaddy.com/help/article/4801. After generating the intermediate and SSL certificate and following the link above, I installed the certificate and had no errors.

When I go to my site and click on the lock, it tells me that the certificate expires on 10/28/12 - it never did update. What can I do to get the certificate installed so that it shows that it expires in 2013?

Thanks!

Gene

Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:55 PM

Answers

• Sean

Thanks for the link. When I checked the cert on my server today (by clicking on the lock on the address bar), it now shows an expiration date of 10/28/13 - is there something that takes a while to 'work through the system' as I did not do anything after seeing the date was 2012 until I saw that it is now 2013? Was I a bit too anxious to see any possible changes?

Again, thanks for the link.

Gene

• Marked as answer by gestep Friday, August 31, 2012 7:10 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 7:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Gene, to renew the certificate, you can also check if the following article helps:

http://titlerequired.com/2012/06/20/renew-your-ssl-certificate-sbs-2011-essentials/

Thanks.

Sean Zhu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 31, 2012 7:22 AM
  • Sean

Thanks for the link. When I checked the cert on my server today (by clicking on the lock on the address bar), it now shows an expiration date of 10/28/13 - is there something that takes a while to 'work through the system' as I did not do anything after seeing the date was 2012 until I saw that it is now 2013? Was I a bit too anxious to see any possible changes?

Again, thanks for the link.

Gene

• Marked as answer by gestep Friday, August 31, 2012 7:10 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 7:10 PM