none
HPC 2012 on Windows Azure - Connection from on-premises machine

General discussion

• Hi.

I have just installed the HPC 2012 Pack on Windows Azure. Everything seems fine and I can remote into the head node and submit jobs locally.

However, I seem to be stuck when trying to connect from on-premises machines. When I try to use Job Manager or the command line utility 'hpccred' I always get an error message: "The server has rejected the client credentials".

I have created three endpoint on the Azure side to open ports 5800, 5969 and 5970.

I have also created, on the on-premise PC, a windows credential for the HPC head node.

I don't know what I'm missing here. Do I need to open some other ports?

Many thanks

Dom

Sunday, February 17, 2013 6:39 PM

All replies

• No takers?

My company would like to use HPC 2012 to offload excel UDFs. The ideal scenario would be to have the entire HPC cluster (including head nodes) on Azure while the excel clients are on-premises.

I expect this to be a normal scenario now that HPC 2012 can be delivered 100% on the cloud.

The HPC cluster is up and running on the cloud and I have established a secure connection (Microsoft Azure Connect) between the cluster and one of the computers on-premise. The compute can ping and remote into the Head-node and vice versa.

However, any attempt to connect to the cluster fails, as explained in the previous post. I suppose the reason is because the on-premise PC is on a different domain and  the "windows credentials" are not even used (i.e. the currently logged on user is being authenticated by the head-node). Is that the case?

Would I solve the problem if I create a trust relationship between the two domains (on-premises and Azure)? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:33 PM