Genuine Advantage and volume licensing RRS feed

• Question

•  I am responsible for a small computer lab.  We have a number of machines running XP pro 2002  and Office 2003... we are part of the US department of defense, during an update, WGA is reporting that the copy of Office we have is invalid, since I know it's a valid copy how can I go about getting your tool to believe that it is, preferably with as little trouble as possible, as I have a number of machines that need updates

"

Office Genuine Advantage

Understand your validation results

Many customers are surprised to learn that their Office software cannot be classified as genuine. Our goal is to help you understand the reasons why your copy did not pass validation, and to show you how you can address this situation. Click here"

How can I clear up this problem?

Thursday, March 19, 2009 2:55 PM

Answers

• Good Afternoon Thomas,

Thank you for posting in the Office Genuine Advantage "OGA" forums today. You mention working for the US DoD. Are you a contractor, GS rated employee or actual military member? Reason why I ask is it would help so I could redirect you accordingly. For now though please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool as outlined in this sticky post http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuineoffice/thread/8d640c5d-bb4b-4fcf-88d5-42355ed957ae .  Follow the steps and provide us with the MGA results. This will allow us to analyze what you are experiencing with Office Professional 2003. 

Thank you again Thomas,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, March 23, 2009 6:26 PM
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 8:37 PM