i have no idea RRS feed

• Question

• hi there

I have upgraded to a new laptop with windows eight on the sony vaio, was probably the worst decision for a new laptop, would have been much better getting a more compatible computer for the program. as I got a new phone that runs windows eight the nokia lumia 520 works fine.

would it be better to change the software on the laptop to a more compatible one or will that make it worse

as windows eight on the laptop just seems so glitchy slow and temprementel and always updating and running live tiles  which seems to slow down the computer even more just turning on the thing takes about 5 to 10min to get the home screen up and that's not counting if its updating something that's was never agreed to be updated for live tiles that im never going to use ive tried stopping apps with start up don't know how to stop background updating if that's a thing but it always seems like the laptop is doing more processing in the background then what's trying to get done in front of me and when it does register somethings happening it'll open multiple padges and that will practilly stop the whole computer and i'll go make a tea because itll take another five minutes before it sorts itself out

please help  

thanks

• Moved by Barry Wang Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:10 AM not related to WinForm Data
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:35 AM

Answers

• Hello d_820,

Your post is not related to this forum topic:

"Discuss data controls such as the DataGridView, and connecting your Windows Forms app to data from a SQL server, a web service or a custom business object."

Either post it on end-user forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

or post on any program forum which you think may cause Win 8 to slow down will be much better choice.

Regards, 

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:45 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:51 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 9:10 AM