Using CRM in a B2C screnario RRS feed

• Question

• We would love to use Dynamics CRM but we dont have "accounts (companies) and contacts associated with those companies". 

We have a prospect (single person or a married couple) with a single address, plus possibly a 3rd party (a single person with a single address).  I am having difficulty getting my head around how we would be able to adjust the current format - my sales people would baulk at creating an account with an address.  Then going to contacts to create the person and, possibly, then back to accounts to associate the main prospect with the account!

I need to create the record from 1 form.

Perhaps I am missing something but does anyone have any experience of using this software for B2C rather than B2B?

Thanks - in any event enjoy this festive time and I hope it is warmer where you are!
    Roberta
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:13 PM

Answers

• There is nothing mandating the usage of Accounts in CRM.  A Contact "may" have a Parent Customer of type Account; but it is equally valid for them to have a Parent Customer of type Contact or no Parent Customer at all.

There are also several choices for associating one Contact (your prospect) with the 3rd party Contact:

• Parent Customer - you can rename the label for the relationship on the Contact form as required
    • N:1 relationship - you can create your own relationship between the Contact entity and itself via Entity Customisation
    • Customer Relationships - in Settings/Business Management/Relationship Roles you can define relationships between Customer types

--pogo (pat)
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:34 PM

All replies

• There is nothing mandating the usage of Accounts in CRM.  A Contact "may" have a Parent Customer of type Account; but it is equally valid for them to have a Parent Customer of type Contact or no Parent Customer at all.

There are also several choices for associating one Contact (your prospect) with the 3rd party Contact:

• Parent Customer - you can rename the label for the relationship on the Contact form as required
    • N:1 relationship - you can create your own relationship between the Contact entity and itself via Entity Customisation
    • Customer Relationships - in Settings/Business Management/Relationship Roles you can define relationships between Customer types

--pogo (pat)
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:34 PM
  • Hi Roberta,

While the Microsoft CRM offering assumes an Account - Contact format, it can easily be changed or adapted.

For example I have created a CRM offering where a property can have a Tenant, Co-Tenant and Landlord. In real terms all the individuals are contacts, but are differentiated by a drop down.

Although this isn't what you need, It just highlights that you don't have to feel restrained by the out-of-box offering.

My inclination for your requirement is to create a relationship from contacts > Contacts in much the same way that Accounts and Sub-Accounts exist. If you create a Sub-Contact from the primary contact, you could easily map through the address fields to save entering them again.

Hope that points you in the right direction.

Rob

www.crmconsult.info Twitter:robertpeledie
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:36 PM