Failed Validation on MS Office 2007 "the ultimate steal" offer from Digital River.com RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased the above software through my college for my MS Access course.  I have double checked that the Access software is "activated". 

When attempting to download an online template, I did not pass the validation of this being genuine software.  Please advise on how else to troubleshoot this issue.  I did search the forums and it seems others have had the issue, but I don't know that it is the same solution for me.  

Below is most of the message I received:

Below is a list of the products that did not pass validation and instructions for addressing each product. Recommended approach:

• If a single product did not pass validation, take actions outlined below to get genuine Office
    • If multiple products did not pass validation, identify your most needed Office product or suite and take actions outlined below to get genuine Office. Uninstall other, non-genuine Office products that are preventing you from passing validation.
    [0x80180101]

Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007

Problem: The validation process could not be completed because a copy of Microsoft Office® on this computer has not been activated.

Solution:

Activate Office now

Start any Office application. The activation wizard will walk you through the steps required to activate Office. You will need to provide a genuine product key. For additional instructions, or if you have problems activating Office, visit knowledge base article # 828958. To learn more about the benefits of product activation, visit the How to Tell site.

Sunday, March 15, 2009 12:21 AM

Answers

• Jen,

Please provide us feedback if Dan's recommendation doesn't work. More than likely it will clear things up. Next should it not please rerun the MGA Diagnostic Tool and paste your results here so we may analyze further what you are experiencing.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, March 20, 2009 6:36 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2009 5:34 PM

All replies

• I just ran the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool.
    On the "office"  tab, for validation status, it says: 101 Not Activated.
    I have validated that MS Access and Outlook are both Activated.
    Is there another way to identify what I need to do to get this changes to "activated"?

Sunday, March 15, 2009 12:37 AM
  • Hello Jen S.,

Please have a look at Method 3 in this MS KB article:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919895/

Give it a try and post back to let us know if it worked for you.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Monday, March 16, 2009 4:54 AM
  • Jen,

Please provide us feedback if Dan's recommendation doesn't work. More than likely it will clear things up. Next should it not please rerun the MGA Diagnostic Tool and paste your results here so we may analyze further what you are experiencing.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Friday, March 20, 2009 6:36 PM
    Monday, March 16, 2009 5:34 PM