Microsoft Billing

Question

• I have been trying to reach the https ://billing .microsoft.com website for six weeks.  The page loads and advises:

Temporarily Unavailable

Due to a very high number of connections to our website we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later. If this problem persists, please contact Customer Support.

Return to previous page

None of the options work such as "Contact Support" or "Help".  I have been trying to cancel an automated purchase for six weeks and now it looks as though I am going to have to dispute the charge to get it canceled.

Al Wilson

Wednesday, September 09, 2009 2:21 PM

Answers

• I don't know why you are encountering that page when trying to sign into the Billing site or why the Help and Support links are not working.

You should *not* be charged for renewal as OneCare is at end of life. Currently, subscriptions expiring before the release of the free Microsoft Security Essentials product are being given a free extension. See the announcements in this forum for details.

If you need to contact support or customer service to confirm this or to cancel your subscription anyway and cannot access the links:

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/6fbbcbe3-978e-466a-85b6-09434939ad22
    I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

If you don't get an email response from me wthin 24 hours, post back as my email provider is getting more aggressive with the spam filtering.

If you are in North America, this number may work (only for cancellation - not for support/customer service):

1-866-672-4551

-steve 

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 09, 2009 4:05 PM