XP Re installing Product Key doesnt work RRS feed

• Question

• Had to reinstall everything on computer due to continuous crashing.

Am trying to re install WIn XP,but I keep on getting the Product Key

error message.

Why?Please advise what to do?

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 1:51 AM

Answers

• A Wallac,

The message you are seeing normally comes up when the Product Key (PK) being typed in is for a different type of XP license than what is on the installation media.

For example, if you are using a retail CD and try to type in an OEM PK, you'll get that error message.

Can you give details on the source and type of genuine MS XP hologram CD you are using and the exact source of the Product Key you are using?

Friday, December 1, 2006 6:09 PM

All replies

• Are you using the Windows XP CD that originally came with the Product Key?
    Wednesday, November 22, 2006 2:07 AM
  • Yes I am ...thats why its so annoying,

Its the same CD and same no as before

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 8:01 AM
  • What is the error message?
    Wednesday, November 22, 2006 9:19 AM
  • the message that comes up is that the inputted product key is not correct and to ck the number on the label on the back of the microsoft cd box case

(the no I inputted is the product key which is act stuck on bottom of the computer)

thanks for your help

Friday, November 24, 2006 10:07 AM
  • Hi,

Can you let me know on this???

Friday, December 1, 2006 6:57 AM
  • A Wallac,

The message you are seeing normally comes up when the Product Key (PK) being typed in is for a different type of XP license than what is on the installation media.

For example, if you are using a retail CD and try to type in an OEM PK, you'll get that error message.

Can you give details on the source and type of genuine MS XP hologram CD you are using and the exact source of the Product Key you are using?

Friday, December 1, 2006 6:09 PM