Product key for new Vail Beta not available? RRS feed

• Question

• As I am downloading the new Vail Beta (still 18 min to go at 1150 KB/sec)  I tried to get a new Product key for it.

But on the Productcode page I only can get those for the "old" Vail Public Preview and Refresh version.

Do those work with the new version, or are the new keys not available yet?

Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:09 PM

Answers

• The keys on Connect marked Public Preview keys will work with the Release Candidate build.
    http://www.tomontech.com
    Friday, February 4, 2011 12:55 AM
  • Just been back to download page and the "Preview and refresh version" has been replaced with "Release Candidate" must have been a bit slow to update that part. The key stays the same, haven't had time to try it yet as can't find blank dual layer!
    • Marked as answer by Hans2488 Friday, February 4, 2011 4:09 PM

All replies

• it says in the release notes that a key isn't needed....
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:12 PM
  • Hans2488,

I speak with no authority or knowledge, but when I found downloads were available, I ran across a link in the announcement story for keys.  It sent me to the place where you normally get keys for Vail betas.

I assume (and you know what happens......) those keys will work.  Almost through installing and will find out soon, I hope.

I'm not happy with what the WHS group has done -- and I'm still mad the shutdown screwed up my server -- but I'm going to load the RC and give it a fair trial to see if they did something good.

Rev

Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:13 PM
  • Again, Well, my install came to the "key" install and I used the key I got as described above -- and it worked just fine! It appears you can go to where we normally get keys for Vail betas and get one. I didn't try to see of one of the two older Vail keys I have used would work. Maybe some other adventurous sould will try that and report. Rev
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:24 PM
  • Thnx Butchconner, my download is almost done (3 min to go) 

I'll have a go at installing tomorrow (It's getting late now and have to get up in about 7 hours ;-( )

Will try one of the "old Vail keys" first and post the outcome here.

Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:31 PM
  • The keys on Connect marked Public Preview keys will work with the Release Candidate build.
    http://www.tomontech.com
  • Just been back to download page and the "Preview and refresh version" has been replaced with "Release Candidate" must have been a bit slow to update that part. The key stays the same, haven't had time to try it yet as can't find blank dual layer!
    • Marked as answer by Hans2488 Friday, February 4, 2011 4:09 PM
  • Also on the Productcode page the Productname is updated but the keys haven't changed. I'm installing right now with one of my "old" keys and so far no probs with it
    Friday, February 4, 2011 4:12 PM