Why do I get two certificate errors? RRS feed

• Question

• Okay at work when I sign in remotely to my home server, I get a site not trusted, but I can click continue and I have no Problem. But at school I get a certificate Revoked. and thats it I cant go around it. Both the school and work computers use windows XP. why do I get different messages and how can I get around the revoked error?
    thanks
    Monday, October 13, 2008 9:10 PM

Answers

• bad_4dr_sho said:

Okay at work when I sign in remotely to my home server, I get a site not trusted, but I can click continue and I have no Problem. But at school I get a certificate Revoked. and thats it I cant go around it. Both the school and work computers use windows XP. why do I get different messages and how can I get around the revoked error?
    thanks

Possibly the network administrator at your school has blocked access to sites with certificate issues.

If your WHS install is fully updated and you use the certificate that comes with your homeserver there should be no certicate issue at all. You can try and unconfigure / configure your domain name from the Windows Home Server Console, Settings, Remote Access tab and see if this fixes your problem

If you have hp mediasmart server please read the last post in this thread

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:42 PM