none
Loose Catch-Up Test (2) RRS feed

• Question

• WLMail has the feature of automatically marking threads started by the
    account owner as Watched. Should I be changing my E-mail address for this
    thread? I think the bridge might override it anyway?

Anyway, this is the start of the other thread that the first account will
    know nothing about unless WLMail backs up to find it after XHDR References
    finds the last message which will be to the Watched thread.

I was thinking of adding one message to the first thread here instead but
    will stick with the original plan for now. This automatic Watched thing
    may make things even more convoluted than I had been expecting. However, I
    don't see how WLMail will be able to know if messages that it is ignoring
    will have been made by the account owner. E.g. XHDR References should
    return nothing but References: headers (I think.)

Saturday, June 12, 2010 4:30 PM

All replies

• Second message in second thread.   Expected to be ignored.
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 4:32 PM
  •  
    Second message in second thread.   Expected to be ignored.
    Got it! (?)   Synchronize All is not doing an XHDR of any kind (according to the bridge's debug window).   Unfortunately I forgot to open the Status window and thanks to WLMail's gratuitous removal of the ability to open the Status window at any time it is now too late to check if the task list reflected that fact.

So, let's do this again, this time with a Status window and with some other synchronize command...

I need to be careful about where I send this from and where I check it.   I am now in the TcpTrace account.  I could send this from there and check it in the other account but because of the automated Watch feechur its value as an "unwatched message" will be negated... unless that feechur can be disabled by marking the thread unwatched (in both accounts)...

So, I have now marked this thread unwatched in here.   I can now switch to Work Offline and do the same in the other account.  Watch the debug pane to make sure WLMail doesn't even issue a  GROUP  command while Work Offline is set!   First I have to send this though...
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 5:25 PM
  •  

Previous test negated by message inexplicably being stuck in the Outbox.  (With no means of resending it.   Thanks WLMail! )
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 5:25 PM
  •  

Previous test negated by message inexplicably being stuck in the Outbox.  (With no means of resending it.   Thanks WLMail! )

Trying to get my bearings after all the WLMail quirks have made it FUBAR...

I am now in my other account, posting in an unwatched thread.  That was the original intention, to get a few of those messages added to the queue, ahead of a message for a watched thread.   Maybe I can recover from this fiasco after all...

So send this.   Then using the same account send a message to the "Watched thread".   Make sure that you do that *before* setting Work Offline!
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 5:33 PM